grow your practice
in-depth yoga study
Our WSY Immersion is for all students interested in deepening their understanding and practice of yoga. It is also the 55-hour prerequisite for our Teacher Training program, which begins January 2017.
In Immersion, you’ll spend 5 weekends:
- exploring key philosophical concepts that bring yoga off the mat and into everyday life
- expanding your understanding of yoga postures and sequencing, to feel confident creating personal practice
- enhancing your experience of yoga through practices of pranayama, meditation, mantra, and ayurvedic self-care
- enjoying the community and camaraderie of like-hearted people committed to being more fully themselves
In Immersion, you can expect to gain:
- a fuller understanding and deeper experience of yoga
- know-how, confidence, and accountability in establishing a personal yoga & meditation practice.
- new insight into your dharma, your relationships, and your life’s journey.
- friends who share your commitment to growth and your desire to live wholeheartedly.
- 5 program weekends with Joe Miller, Maria Hamburger, Natalie Miller, and Tara Lemerise. Weekends include plenty of asana practice, as well as guided meditation, didactic teaching, and group discussions.
- Ample ways to stay engaged between weekends, including assigned reading, light homework assignments, and facilitated online discussion
- 2-for-1 Summer and Fall class registrations at WSY
- Special discounted pricing on select workshops at WSY, as well as on study and practice materials in our boutiques
Who can join the Immersion program?
Dedicated students of ALL levels are welcome – no need to be an acrobat!
We have two prerequisites for Immersion:
- At least one year of continuous yoga study in a classroom environment
- Enthusiastic interest and a commitment to personal growth
We strongly suggest enrolling in weekly WSY classes for the months before Immersion; enrollment in at least one weekly WSY class is required during Immersion. Students enrolled in Immersion receive 2-for-1 class registrations at WSY for both Summer and Fall sessions.
the next step in your
Our 200-hr Teacher Training program will help you learn and practice skills essential for resourceful, smart, inspired, and powerful yoga teaching. Our immersive program takes full advantage of Willow Street’s unparalleled resources, and consists of monthly weekend intensives plus observation, apprenticing, mentorship, and practice teaching opportunities between weekends.
Our teachers-in-training learn and develop key skills:
- Offering sophisticated alignment instruction clearly and fluently
- Centering and sequencing effective, well-rounded classes
- Understanding and addressing common misalignments
- Applying anatomical knowledge to enhance yoga instruction
- Offering variations for different experience levels and body types
- Conveying the deeper meaning of yoga through inspiring themes
- Stepping into the role of teacher with confidence and conscience
Program graduates are eligible to apply for RYT-200 status with Yoga Alliance.
Why do Teacher Training at WSY?
Come see for yourself! Willow Street’s reputation for excellence is hard-earned.
In our public classes, you will find excellent teaching, extraordinary studentship, a diverse student body, and a peerlessly broad array of offerings.
In our teacher training, you will find that learning extends far beyond the individual program weekends. We take full advantage of Willow Street’s resources and give you unparalleled opportunities for guided practice, mentorship, feedback, and classroom learning.
Teacher Training includes:
- 8 program weekends with Joe Miller, Maria Hamburger, Natalie Miller, and Tara Lemerise. Sessions include didactic teaching in anatomy, alignment, and principles of instruction, as well as ample time for practice teaching and feedback.
- Enrollment in one WSY class for beginners (as a participant-observer), as well as additional opportunities for observing and apprenticing WSY classes.
- Connection and mentorship throughout the program in our online discussion forum
- Six practice teaching & feedback opportunity sessions between program weekends
- 2-for-1 class registrations at WSY for Winter/Spring and Summer.
- Special discounted pricing on select workshops at WSY, as well as on practice and study materials in our boutiques.
Who can join the Teacher Training program?
We have three prerequisites for Teacher Training:
- Completion of our 55-hour 2016 Immersion program
- Enrollment in at least one weekly class at WSY throughout Fall 2016
- A spirit of self-discovery and willingness to grow and evolve.
Please feel free to email program co-directors, Natalie and Joe.