with Tara Lemerise, Feb 7-8, 2015
Some of our students’ deepest experiences of yoga happen when we can give them the opportunity to stop working to control their body and mind and instead begin resting with support, awareness, and intention. The deep purposeful kind of resting possible with restorative yoga can eliminate fatigue, expedite recovery from injuries, ease experiences of anxiety, and develop resistance to the impact of stress on physical and mental health, among other things. This teacher training will provide the tools you need to teach restorative poses with confidence and ease, both in a group setting and to one-on-one clients.
You will learn:
- detailed alignment and propping instruction of at least seven restorative postures
- the benefits, applications, and energetics of restorative yoga asanas
- when and how to use props to initiate a relaxation response
- how to address injuries, limitations, and special conditions during restorative practice
- ways to identify physical and energetic misalignment in restorative poses
- skills for physical and verbal adjustments during restorative practice
This training is ideal for:
- new and experienced yoga teachers who want to expand their teaching skills
- anyone currently enrolled in an immersion or yoga teaching training program
- This training is eligible for 12 hours of continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance.
Please bring a camera/cell phone with camera and a pen/pencil for note-taking.
Tuition includes a Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Manual and a recommended-for-restoratives eye pillow. Participation in both days of this training is highly encouraged; Saturday-only registrations are available but limited.
Feb 7-8, 2015: 1pm-7pm (includes a lunch break); Silver Spring
Register by Jan 18 to receive a discounted early bird rate (only $210 – save $40!)
with Francesca Cervero, Mar 1-5, 2015
Do you want to teach more private clients? Do you feel depleted from running all over town teaching tons of group classes? Do you feel drained from teaching the private clients you do have?
I hear you! I have been there too. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
It is possible to inspire and support meaningful change in your student’s lives in a way that is sustainable. Teaching yoga one-on-one requires a different skill set than teaching group classes, and these unique skills are left out of most teacher trainings.
In this full 35 hour teacher training you will be empowered to feel and trust your intuition, as well as learn practical and tangible actions you can implement in your teaching right away. Francesca will spill all her biggest secrets on what it takes to build a thriving private practice.
We will cover:
- how to turn a hectic home or busy office into a sacred space for yoga so that you can help your clients feel transported
- how to build trust with your students on every level, so they will open up to you, and real transformation can occur
- how to think on your feet and create sessions that meet your students where they are on physical, emotional, and spiritual levels
- understanding how anatomy can and should affect your teaching (finally, feel confident and anxiety-free when dealing with injuries)
- how to set boundaries (no more stress surrounding money or other sticky trigger points!)
- how to manage the business of yoga like a professional and have consistent, steady income you can count on
- how to manage your energy so you can teach a full schedule of private clients without getting drained or depleted
- how to deal with difficult clients so you fall in love with them and they stop driving you crazy
- how to manage the intense vulnerability of teaching one on one so you stop feeling nervous with new clients
- how to create long term relationships with clients who are committed to working with you, so you never have to hustle for clients again
Students will receive a training manual, certificate of completion, and eligibility for Continuing Education credits through Yoga Alliance. Spaces in this training are limited to ensure ample attention for all students: you will get a chance to practice teach, and receive immediate and helpful feedback from Francesca.
Would you like to go into your next private session feeling like a pro, with skills that will build your clientele? Register now to secure your spot.
Mar 1-5, 2015: 9am-5pm (includes a lunch break); Silver Spring
Register by Feb 6 to receive a discounted early bird rate (only $850 – save $75!)