Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of offerings will I find at Willow Street?
How do I register and pay?
Can I “drop in”?
Do you offer any discounted classes?
I’m new to Willow Street – what will I need when I arrive?
How do I make up a missed class?
I have a voucher or free class pass – how do I use it?
I need to drop my class/special/workshop- can I get a refund?
Does Willow Street close for holidays?
How does Willow Street handle inclement weather?
We offer yoga, Pilates, Barre and meditation instruction in three main formats: weekly classes, nine-week specials, and workshops/special events. We also offer one-on-one sessions.
Weekly classes are offered in sessions – like semesters – and afford students the opportunity gradually to build skill, understanding, strength, and flexibility over time. When you register for a weekly class:
- You primarily attend the class you’re registered in, once per week.
- You are invited to make up any missed classes (either after or in advance of an absence) in another class appropriate for your level.
- You benefit from progressive instruction, with each week’s teachings building on the last.
While we highly recommend that students register for a full session of classes, we also welcome drop-ins. If you’re dropping in, please arrive a few minutes early and be sure to check in at the front desk.
Nine-week specials are a great way for students to learn more about a specialized subject matter. The title says it all: in these specials, students receive nine weeks of progressive instruction in a special topic. When you register for a special:
- You are basically participating in a nine-part workshop, meeting at the same time each week for nine successive weeks.
- You are invited to make up any missed sessions (either after or in advance of an absence) in any of our weekly classes appropriate for your level.
- You are paying just $162!
Many of our specials also allow drop-ins; if you’re interested, please check with the instructor and/or the front desk.
Workshops/special events at Willow Street are offered both by our own talented teachers and by world-renowned guest instructors. Each year, we are honored to host diverse workshop offerings that help students reach new levels of understanding in myriad topics: asana, meditation, philosophy, and more. We advise early registration for workshops, as space is limited!
We accept registrations online, in person, or by mail. Online registration is recommended; you’ll receive immediate confirmation and receipt! For paper registrations, we accept cash, checks, Visa, and Mastercard. Sorry, we do not accept advance registrations for class drop-ins. See our Fees & Policies here.
Short answer: YES!
Longer answer: You are welcome to drop in to any class (except Yoga for Special Conditions) at any point in the session (payable at the front desk before entering class). Many nine-week specials also accept drop-ins. Pilates classes strongly discourage drop-ins after the 6th week of the session unless the student has prior experience at the level of the class.
Yes! If you are new to Willow Street, you can purchase a Discovery Pass at the desk: 5 classes for only $79!
In addition, we offer a 10% class and special discount for seniors (65 and older), high-school/college students, and military personnel. Valid ID required for all tuition discounts. Discounts apply to classes and specials only.
Willow Street also offers a multi-class rate for students who register for more than one class each session. The multi-class rate is valid for individuals only, and does not apply to students registering family members for classes. This rate applies only to regular classes and specials, not workshops.
- Please check in at the front desk – we’ll help you find your way to the right dressing room and answer any questions you might have.
- We provide all props and mats you’ll need, free of charge, and of course you’re most welcome bring your own.
- Wear comfortable “work-out” clothing; nothing too baggy, please, so instructors can see your alignment.
- All classes are attended in bare feet; there’s space for your shoes in our dressing rooms.
- You may leave clothes, coats and shoes in our dressing rooms, but bring valuables into the practice space with you (there are cubbies for wallets/keys/cell phones).
- Please silence and de-vibrate your cell phone.
- Our yoga boutiques have an ever-changing selection of clothes, props, and other yoga, meditation and Pilates resources.
- You may make up any missed classes – either in advance of anticipated absences or after actual ones, in any class appropriate for your level. Simply show up on time and inform the instructor that you’re there for a make-up.
- You may make up in either location
- Make-ups must be used within the same session only – they don’t carry over.
- Make-ups are not permitted in Yoga for Special Conditions. Some specials will restrict make-ups.
- For kids classes: siblings and parents may use a registered child’s make-ups.
Bring in your voucher or free class pass to drop in to any class appropriate for your level. Vouchers and passes ARE transferable, so you can gift it to a friend or family member, too! Please check in at the front desk on your way to class.
All refund requests must be received in writing by the Registrar, or requested through the online registration system, and are processed as of the date received (ie. refunds are not given retroactively).
Class Refunds: Students may drop their registered classes and receive a partial refund according to the schedule below before the 4th week of the session. No refunds are given after this date.
Nine-week Special Refunds: Students may drop before the 4th session of the course for a pro-rated refund, according to the schedule above.
Workshop Refunds: Must be requested more than 48 hours before the start of the workshop, and are subject to a 20% admin fee.
Sometimes. Planned 2017 closures include Labor Day, July 4th, and Thanksgiving Day. Students registered in classes scheduled to occur during a closure are given a voucher for the missed class, to be used in the current or following session.
If your class or workshop is cancelled due to bad weather, you’ll find cancellation messages posted on our home page, and our Facebook page – 90min before start time (or 5:30am for all pre-8am classes).
All students registered in a class cancelled due to weather will receive a voucher in the mail, good for a free class in the current or following session. If we are open but you prefer not travel, you can always do a make-up in another class before the session ends!